My Melody

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Purge


Tonight I went to go and see "The Purge" with my uncle and little cousin for family time. I do have to say that this was one of the most intense, edge of the seat, emotional and thought provoking movies I have seen so far. I give this movie an 8 out of 10. It really was a great movie, if you have not seen it I recommend that you do. I love suspenseful and thought provoking movies.


The acting and the story line were also a plus, it actually all flowed together quite well. There is some foreshadowing in the beginning if you catch it. This is a bit off topic but, the setting was gorgeous to me. I would actually love to live in that area, without the purge taking place that is. Overall, the setting was perfect, the plot and acting were fascinating.


I might have to throw in a small thing that made me feel a bit uneasy about the movie. The hiding places, like really...picking the easiest places where people are bound to find you in a heart beat?! Everyone knows that when you play or played hide-and-seek as a kid, they would always search under the bed in the beginning of the game. Also, if you are breathing super hard and loud someone is bound to hear it.  I mean, that may just be my opinion but, that's one of my pet peeves about horror or suspenseful movies.


Something that you may not all find scary or creepy is super happy smiling masks. These, for some reason give me the creeps. Are you that happy that you have to wear a mask to show it? Do you want to do a doppleganger that badly? Do you love your friends and family that much that you want to look like each other? What is with the creepy masks?! 

STOP GIVING ME THAT LOOK!!!!

STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!!

YOU ARE DOWN RIGHT CREEPEH!!!!

>.<

Okay, well that was my small and compact, sweet and straight to the point "review" of "The Purge". I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope it makes you want to see it. 

HAVE A HAPPY DAY!!!


Can you survive the night?

Honestly, I don't think I would be able to. XP






No comments:

Post a Comment