My Melody

Friday, June 14, 2013

Gyaru vs. Ulzzang

(c): himeyukichan.blogspot.com

(c): puricute.com

Today I would like to address something that has been bothering me for a very long time. The difference between these two fashions. I have noticed that a lot of girls are putting these two fashions together. I don't quite understand why, but it just seems to bother me. There are quite some differences between these two popular Asian fashions. 

Just to clear this out of the way, I do not have anything against either fashion. I actually like and do both. I just want to show the differences between them is all. It just bothers me a lot when people put these two together as if they are exactly the same thing. They are two fashions that are unique in their own ways. Now, let us get to it....shall we?
.
.
.
.
.
Gyaru
Gyaru is a Japanese slang word for "gal". 

The Gyaru style/fashion has subcategories or sub styles. The make up and fashion mostly depends on the style that you are going for. They are also all about the skin tone, hair, nails...etc. Also, Gyaru is not only known as a fashion, it is a lifestyle. A lot of these girls and guys spend a lot of their time and money on their styles.

(c): wacowla.com

(c): weheartit.com

(c): puricute,com

(c): apricitydollshouse.wordpress.com

(c): weheartit.com

(c): tumblr.com

(c): suiprincess.com

(c): glitter-puffs.blogspot.com

.
.
.
.
.
Ulzzang or Uljjang
Ulzzang or Uljjang stands for "best face" or "good-looking" also a slang word.

In this fashion, I would like to define it as a "baby face" look. You have to somehow make yourself look flawless like a baby. Big eyes, soft and clear skin and innocence. The fashion I would like to say looks casual, cute, comfortable and trendy. It is a very sweet, natural and playful look.

(c): ulzzangzone.com

(c): tumblr.com

(c): bigbangand2ne1.blog.gogo.mn

(c): ulzzangzone.com

(c): gossiprocks.com

(c): favim.com

(c): asianfanfics.com

(c): shell3d.com

(c): favim.com


I personally think that both fashions are awesome. They have their own unique thing, whether it be the hair, make up, clothes...etc. I like both, I use either one depending on how I'm feeling that day. One thing I know for sure about these two fashions is that they both use circle lenses. Which fashion do you like? 


Hope you enjoyed reading this post!!
Leave a comment of what your favorite fashion is. Ulzzang? Gyaru? Both?

Thank you for reading!!

Have a great bubbly day!!~ 

:D



















No comments:

Post a Comment